Creativity

Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{ influential people }

[ list 10 people who have influenced you and describe how. ]

my mom: always taught me to 'see things as they really are'. she taught me how to clean (thoroughly). lawls. she helped stregthen my testimony when i was younger and taught me righteous things. she taught me what a mother's love is. and now that i'm older, i've learned how to truely sacrifice for those i love because of her example.

my dad: he taught me how to work hard and that i can do anything i put my mind to. i'd like to think that i got my ambition from him. he never allowed me to settle for less than my best. he's the one who really taught me about the 'real world' and how to think ahead. also, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'. he has always been very involved in my life and went out of his way to spend time with me as his daughter.

grama Wihongi: how to give of yourself and serve others. since i can remember i've never once heard her gossip or speak badly of another. she always told me if you have a problem with someone you tell it to them, not others. also, she taught me how to sincerely pray. she use to tell me stories of how back in tonga she would pray up in their mango tree and speak to Heavenly Father as if he was right there with her. everytime i pray i always think of this story and pray as if i'm with Him face to face.

grampa Wihongi: he has always been a family man and always brings our entire family together. my family is close becasue of him. he has been one of my best examples of service in the gospel. he's alwasy been the jokester with all his grandchildren. oh ya, and he taught me how to swim...along with every single other grandchild.

grama Barlow: growing up i always wanted to be just like her. and feeling like we were similar, i always told her everything. she helped strengthen my testimony of the gospel. she didn't live near us so everytime i saw her it was like the highlight of my life!

grampa Barlow: he basically taught me everything i know about horses. i'm pretty good with directions (no matter where i'm at) because everytime we go riding in the canyon with him i always have to know my north/souh/east/west and where we're going.

my husband: i've alwasy been my happiest 'self' with him. his laugh and bigger than life personality is contagious! he's taught me to love life, and to not sweat the small stuff.

my son: he taught me what true sacrifice is. once he was born, i wanted to be [ my best ] so that i could be [ his best ] mother. he's my motivator behide everything i do.


oprah: yes, foreals. i watched her show everyday before it stopped.  i'm inspired by how she came from nothing and made her way to the top. and that she uses her power and success to help others. she inspires me to live my best life and that i have the power to change.


Lisa: as of lately, the chick from BodyRock (she posts daily at-home-workouts). not really a fan of her recent boob job but she inspires me to workout everyday no matter how busy i am or how much i don't want to do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment