Creativity

Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

{ slumber ritual }

It's past midnight and I just barely got my son down for the night. He fights so hard to stay up. (why son...WHY?!) He was running down the hallway (in the dark) screaming so I wouldn't catch him and take him back to the bedroom.

I catch him.He starts whipping his whole body backwards.It's the end of the day.I'm exhausted.He's screaming bloody murder.

My resolution?....the instant slumber ritual that I just recently discovered. (I don't even know how I figured this one out-I think I was just hopeless one night and was trying everything...literally everything)

Go to the bathroom.Sit on the edge of the tub.Hold my screaming baby diablo securely in my arms.Turn on the loud, raging bath water. Instant relief  (yes, intant as in less than 10 seconds)-screaming has ceased and eyes are closed.

Awwwwww.....now there's my little angel.*

(In my perfect world my son would fall asleep with the snap of my fingers-as quick as this)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's something to do with 'white noise'-babies like that? I dont know...I read that somewhere in a book. but hey...IT WORKS!

    ReplyDelete