Creativity

Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

{monkey see, monkey do}

"Monkey see, monkey do"-that is the relationship my husband and son share. If daddy is wearing a hat, baby has to wear a hat...if daddy is doing push ups, baby is doing push ups...where ever daddy goes, baby has to go, or vice versa-specifically when baby is tired at church and my husband thinks he 'has' to take baby home for a nap. Not only is Safi boy a spitting image of his daddy (just a lighter version), he has to act just like him...loud, always smiling, has to be the center of attention, strong and buff, hates to cuddle, 'chip-addict', rough and tough, dancing-machine, and they even sleep the same.

A couple months ago I woke up in the middle of night and discovered my son was missing in our bed. (No...he does not sleep in his own crib, but right SMACK in between us) I frantically looked under all the pillows and blankets in the dark. No baby. Then I looked on the floor (a couple times he had fallen off and just fell right back to sleep next to the bed. I know, I know...don't judge me-good thing our bed is low) Still no baby. So I jumped out of bed and ran to the family room and found him knocked out next to my husband, who had passed out on the floor after working a 12+ hour shift. I debated on whether or not I should pick him up and take him back to bed with me but I decided to just let him stay with his daddy because that's where he wanted to be.

Both of my boys are quite the handful-especially together, but they always keep me laughing (as long as they're not waking me at 4 am). The relationship my son has with his daddy is one of those things that reminds me everyday what's really important in this life.

Now I'm just waiting for my baby girl. (hoping she's a spitting image of me-just a darker version) I told my husband our next one is going to be a girl. He thinks if he 'wills' it enough it will be a boy [sorry babe]...but this was more than a mother's intuition. ;)

**disclaimer: No, this is not an announcement. Sorry-no bun in the oven yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment