Creativity

Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

{ Sleep is for people who are BROKE! }



If you're in need of a motivational tip-of-the-day check out this video clip I came across today.


Since school started for the both of us our schedules have been CER-AY-ZEE! And on top of school Saf works the graveyard shift full-time (at least 6 days a week). While he works baby and I sleep. He gets home when we wake up -then he sleeps. Then I have to wake him back up so he can watch baby while I go to class for a couple hours. Then he goes back to sleep for another couple hours once I get home. Then the days he goes to school he comes home from work and sleeps for 3 hours -wakes up and goes to school -then comes back home and knocks out for a couple more hours before work. Then wakes up and leaves for work and we go to sleep for the night. And the cycle continues the next day...

...did I loose you? 

Don't worry if I did 'cause even I get lost trying to keep up with this schedule. Through out the week this cycle of "I sleep/then you sleep/neither of us sleep" the days start to mesh together and the common question we have started asking one another is, "What day is it again?" 

Looking at the picture from a day-to-day aspect we often have to stop and ask ourselves, "Why are we doing this?" or "Let's just take this semester off?" But then looking at the bigger picture we are reminded that the sacrifices (and loss of sleep) are only a speck of the success that will follow down our road. I have hope and faith in our future because we're working hard for it now! At times it does feel quite overwhelming. I don't get to see my husband as much (either does anyone else -and it's gotten to the point where people have started stopping by our place just to make sure he's still alive! True story) and deadlines for test, homework, and projects becomes stressful after a long day at work, taking care of a sick baby, and/or running on little to no sleep. But we tread through it because we want more opportunities for our family...we want a better future for our son (and future kids)...we want to be better than what we were yesterday.

I've always believed that you can never stand still in one place. You're either progressing or regressing. But never still. Even though we haven't reached our goals (yet), I still feel accomplished because we continue to move forward and progress...

Sleep is nice, but it will never be sweeter than the fruit of success after hard, diligent work.



Although my husband did comment, "Well then I must be sleeping too much 'cause I'm still broke!" haha 
(Patience baby, patience...)

No comments:

Post a Comment