Creativity

Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Fear of creating

It's the most re-DONK-ulous thing! ...I [ LOVE ] to create things, yet I have the [ biggest fear ] of doing so! Makes no sense, right? I have constantly suppressed my "creative urge" with excuses such as "I don't really know what I'm doing so why try" or "it's not going to be good enough or perfect enough" or "my work will never be as talented and brilliant as theirs". 

Whelp, no more of that none sense. I've been feeling creatively starved! I told myself this year will be different. 

Who cares if I don't know all the right techniques or even exactly what I'm doing -I'll make my own rules that align with what feels "best" for me. 

No more perfection. 

No more worrying about critiques or others opinions. Be vulnerable. 

No more excuses. 

Less thinking, more feeling. 

Just create and see where it takes me.

I've already started a couple projects this year and am starting to heal the creative side of me. I'll probably start sharing more of my creative journey here. 

Here's a pic of my latest work and they're going to keep coming...

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment