Creativity

Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

5 years down and an eternity to go

Two weeks ago we celebrate our 5 year anniversary. The week of our anni my brother hooked us up with a beach front hotel down in Huntington Beach. It was a nice little getaway not too far from home. Anyways 2 kids, one miscarriage, one on the way, 1 move, a job promotion, lots of school, many trials and many more happy times later...I've realized how much we've grown as individuals and as a couple. Things aren't always perfecet...we're not perfect but since being married we've helped each other grow and improve for the better. We are "better" because we have each other and as long as we keep "becoming better" together that's all that matters. Not that we're pros at this marriage thing but it take more than an upgraded wedding ring to keep things going strong. Here's a couple pieces of advice that have worked for us:

-stay close to Heavenly Father and the gospel as individuals and you will stay closer as a couple
-forgive and forget (as in don't ever bring it up again)
-love your in laws like your own family
-let the other feel they can be vulnerable with you with out being criticized
-know your spouses "love language" and SPEAK IT! (I know I've mentioned this before on my blog but we swear by it because it works wonders!)
-ENDORSE what you love about the other instead of BASHING what you hate
-do things that keep you falling in love over and over again (we might not be perfect but our marriage is anything but boring)

I'm grateful for my husband. I'm grateful for who I am and who I am becoming because of his love and support. I will always be eternally grateful for the day that I was sealed to him for time and all eternity. I can't wait to see where the rest of life takes us....because the BEST IS YET TO COME. 


(The morning of I surprised Saf and did a mini paint job on the car before we started our day)




1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the way you love each other so much! What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete