Creativity

Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Just to get by...

Lately, I've been feeling so burnt out! Since having two kids my days have somehow become shorter. I'm making breakfast and before i know it's time to get the kids ready for bed. Honestly, some days i feel like my biggest accomplishment is making it through the day without anyone dying! Sometimes it feels like I'm living "just to get by" until that next pay check comes...or until I can just get both the kids to sleep (at the same time)...or letting my son watch Netflix (literally) all day so I can get more done or so I can just chill out like a vegetable and think about absolutely nothing while all his favorite shows lull him into a passive state...

Wow, I really just made my life sound miserable. It's really not. Today has just been one of "those days". I just realized I could (and need) to do a lot better in [ enjoying ] everything, including the little things, and not just [ enduring ] day to day life.

So my new goal is to put a little more [ umph ] into each day and add an extra dose of [ passion ] into everything I do....because "life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." (Pres. Hinckley)


No comments:

Post a Comment