Creativity

Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

32 week update

...only 8 more weeks to go!

when i woke up this morning and stepped on the scale this was totally my reaction...


OH MY WEIGHT GAIN?! i swear no matter what i do or how healthy i eat my body just does not stay within the "recommended pregnancy weight gain scale". uuuugggggghhhhhh.

 
 here's the baby bump. i would have taken a real picture of myself, but the illusion of my shadow makes me look much skinnier. ha!
 it has really started to get to me. maybe it's just these prego hormones taking me on an emotional roller coaster because most of the time i'm fine but then i have my moments where i just want to cry (sometimes i do) and I get all moody. my husband doesn't do well with my pity parties, which is probably a good thing because it helps me snap out of it faster. i've just figured if i've lost all the baby weight (and some) the first time around i can do it again the second time. 

today i read the talk Of Regrets and Resolutions by President Uchtdorf from this last general conference that really put things back into perspective for me. the impression that stood out in my mind was:

i don't want to look back at this particular time in my life with regrets and wish i would have let myself be happier.

is gaining some extra weight really the end of the world? definitely NOT.
am i more than what it says on the scale? OF COURSE!
am i blessed? extremely.
am i healthy? YES.
what is my body actually doing? making a miracle -an actual human being!
isn't this what i wanted (to be pregnant)? YES, and i am more than grateful for it. 

...so why not just be happy [ all ] the time? 
  ok, no more pity parties for me.
[ i'm too blessed to be stressed ] 
i will enjoy the rest of this pregnancy journey and just be happy.
 

i guess i'll post a real updated pic of the baby bump...

this boy is finally popping out! according to the app What To Expect, he is about the size of a honeydew (4.5 lbs). i'm already always constantly out of breath and my tummy feels so tight so i don't understand how there could possibly be an more room for him to grow any bigger. 
my favorite craving is crushed ice. 
simple things such as getting up and down and bending over are starting to get difficult. 
as you can tell in the pic, i think it's time to give in and buy some maternity tops so that more than half the belly is covered.

i can't believe my baby boy is almost here! i'm so excited and ready to have another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment