Creativity

Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

today has just been [ one of those days ].

i started off the morning discovering a huge bill that i don't want to pay.
then worrying about how we're going to pay for this and that, and still make school happen this fall.
wishing we had another car so i could be at my mom's house already.
i have a long lists of things to get done before the end of the day.
bags to pack.
an energetic 2 year old that wants his mama's attention every second and wants to know the name of every single thing in our home.
i got 3 hours of sleep last night.
my thighs feels gi-NORMOUS, my arms are jiggly, and i'm just feeling BIG. period.
and my pregnancy hormones are making me feel irritated at every. single. little. thing.

i knew i was totally over reacting and making molehills into mountains! 
i was allowing myself to be miserable...over nothing! i needed to change ASAP so i took a deep breath and quickly wrote down a page of everything i'm grateful for while my son took his nap beside me.




this act was simple, yet so humbling. this reminder put me in check. i really do have NOTHING to complain over. i'm blessed immensely! i already posses [ what matters most ]. i'm going to smile and be grateful for all that i have...and enjoy these next few days with those i love most -at the river. peace out fellow bloggers. i'm gonna go get my tan on!


2 comments:

  1. So needed to read/hear this! Thanks for keeping things in perspective! Wish I lived near you bc I would so love to take your cutie off your hands for a few hours or let you borrow my car! Let me know if you guys move to Santa Clarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks taryn. i'm glad you liked it. maybe one of these days we'll be able to meet up. :)

    ReplyDelete